Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hand, Foot and Mouth

This week we had the pleasure of experiencing Hand, Foot and Mouth times two. It all started on Tuesday when Logan had a fever. Nothing too crazy my first thought was teething. Then Wednesday afternoon she was up to 102, and Bailey also now had a fever of 101.4 I needed to call the pedi nurse for a completely different issue so while I had her on the phone I asked what the correct dose of Tylenol was since it had been so long since the girls had needed it. She told me and then inquired why and when I told her that the girls had fevers but I thought it was just teething since they had no other symptoms, she informed me that their temps were too high to be teething fevers and if we got to 103, or they still had them on Thursday they needed to be seen.

Thursday comes and their fevers were lower but as the day went on they began to rise, so I called and got an appointment. Lo and Behold they both have Hand Foot and Mouth. Poor girls had painful sores in the back of their throats, and on the drive to the pedi (no lie) Bailey had broken out in spots all over her back. By Thursday night their fevers had broken and we thought "Well that wasn't too bad." Big Mistake. Logan cried all day on Friday with maybe the exception of about two hours. No I am not exaggerating. There is no worse feeling than your baby crying in pain and you can't do anything besides alternate Mortin and Tylenol I actually had to call Brian and work and tell him he needed to come home. With her screaming and poor Bailey also needing attention I needed backup! We finally got them to nap and an hour and a half later had to wake them up to go look at some more houses (more on that later!) So now they have napped an hour and a half all day and feel miserable. Awesome! Needless to say I didn't go to work that night either and finally around 9:30 pm (2hrs after bedtime) we had gotten 2 over tired miserable feeling little girls to bed. They woke up Saturday feeling better thank goodness. They are still not 100%-they get tired out and are taking longer naps-but we are definitely past the worst of it!

If you know the girls at all you know this never happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment