Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rainy Day

Today it was so rainy, cold and yucky that we decided to just not do anything at all. I did have to go tot he grocery store since we were low on food, and decided that it was the perfect day for some comfort foods. I made homemade chicken and rice soup and a loaf of honey mustard bread. I wanted to make a pumpkin bread too, but the stupid store was out of pumpkin. It was so nice to just do nothing together all 4 of us. It is so rare that we have nothing to do. Ok we could be packing since we close on Monday but whatever.
Here is a pictue of Brian and the girls today. They love to crawl up on the couch and sit now. Translated: they like to crawl up on the couch and jump like maniacs, but give them a bottle and you have half a shot at a quck cuddle.
If you are wondering who the strange looking guy in the photo is, it is Brian. I came home from work last night to find he had shaved off his beard. Anyone who knows him, know that this is such a rare thing. In the 6yrs that we have been together, I have only seen him 4 times without it. He shaves it and then lets it grow back in. It looks so weird to me and I feel like there is a stranger living in my house. Luckily the girls have no stranger anxiety and didn't even seem to notice a difference.
It was so hot here last week, I made the girls popscicles. Logan would put in in her mouth then make a weird face since it was so cold. After a few minutes though she was loving it and got so mad when it was all gone. Bailey in true Bailey fashion just sucked th whole thing down. She is such a little vaccuum.
This last picture is already a few weeks old. When the girls were about 6wks old I joined a Mother's Circle group at the hospital that I had them. It is mostly for nursing moms to check in with the lactation consultant and get your baby weighed every 2 weeks to see how they were growing. I met a great group of women there and continued to take the girls long after I had stopped nursing. Actually I only stopped going when the girls barely fit on the mobil scale anymore! A few of the girls from the group and I started doing our own playgroup. Now that the kids are older it is so much fun to see them interact. The picture below was taken in the park right before Kris and Bear moved to New York. We are so sad to see them go. Bear left behind 3 little girlfriends, that I know would have all fought for his attention in the future!
Me with Logan and Bailey, Tonya and Emma, Nicole and Chloe, Kris and Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment